Obtaining and Configuring Python
These resources will get you up and running with Python on your computer.
- vscode.pdf tells you how to obtain and install VSCode on your computer. This is an excellent text editor (yes you need one).
- Corey Schaefer's Installation Guide for Python You should install the latest version of Python on your computer. The video linked here has complete instructions for all platforms. Make sure you are installing Python 3, as Python 2 is at end-of-life. Make sure you get the latest version (3.11 as of 1/2023).
- Configuring VSCode for Windoze This video will give you a great working enviroment on your Windoze machine.
- Configuring VSCode for Mac This video will give you a great working enviroment on your Mac.
- p0.pdf Introduction to Python: Objects, Variables, and Types. This includes scalar types, as well as lists and tuples.
- p1.pdf Python Boss Statements. This
if, and friends.
Programming Problem Sets
These are programming projects for learning Python.