If you don't have Python and VSCode installed, visit my Teaching Python page. While there, do these two things.
- View Corey Schaefer's video and install the current version of Python on your lappy. He has complete instructions for all platforms. If you see a box to check to update your environment variables, check it! View this video to the end; he shows you how to test your install and gives you a little introduction to the language.
- Install VSCode; you will see a link with instructions for installing it and configuring it for Python on both a Mac and a Windoze machine.
Cram School 101 is a prerequisite!
We pick up where 101 leaves off. You will have full procedural Turing-complete powers when you finish this workshop.
- Python Collections:
stra protean sequence type
lista mutable sequence type
tuplean immutable sequence type
- mutablity: It's convenient and dangerous!
- hashablity: The key to rapid insertion and retrieval in the next two data structures
setyer in or you ain't
dictA collection of key-value pairs
- Iterables, Iterators, and Iteration
- Iterables: things that can be walked through
- Iterators: things that do the walking and then die
- Iteration: the process of walking
- Comprehensions: When you go out to eat, stay out of the kitchen!
- Python FileIO and the